How To Care For Your Felt Fedora
Wool felt fedoras are a timeless hat that should be an essential piece of headwear in any wardrobe. A wool felt fedora is a polished way to top off any outfit, whatever the occasion or season.
We have a variety of enduring classic colours to match any ensemble, including our black fedora hats, tan fedoras and grey fedoras, which can be styled and worn with everything from shorts and a silk shirt to jeans and a t-shirt or a summer dress. We have detailed some tips on the best way to care for your wool felt fedora to ensure that you can keep it clean all year round.
- Fur felt hats should never be steamed. Instead, a soft bristle hat brush should be used to remove any dirt or dust.
- When brushing fur felt, always follow the natural direction of the hair.
- Wet fur felt hats should be lightly shaken to remove excess water and then dried at room temperature.
- Do not place a fur felt hat on a radiator, as the heat may shrink the fur and cause the hat to decrease in size.
- Should your hat shrink in size, a hat jack can be used to stretch it back to its original shape.
- Fur felt hats are best stored in a hatbox, away from direct sunlight.