How To Wash a Wool Hat?
Keeping ourselves warm and stylish is a must for us here at Amour, and one of our favourite ways to do so is by donning one our most popular collections, the Baker Boy Caps. Have you ever wondered the best way to wash a wool hat and keep them clean and looking fresh? We have, and therefore we only thought it right to share our tips on how to keep your wool Baker Boy hat clean. From everyday tips to keep your Baker Boy clean to washing instructions to refresh the look, see our instructions below.
How To Keep Your Baker Boy/Flat Cap Clean
Some everyday tips to keep your Baker Boy Cap clean:
- To prevent sweat stains from the inside brim of your hat, place napkins or paper towels inside the sweatband
- Change these every so often, especially if you’re wearing your Baker Boy on a regular basis
- Store your hat in a clean and dry environment, our Baker Boys are delivered in a stylish hat box, which is the perfect place to keep it when not in use
How To Hand Wash Your Baker Boy/Flat Cap
- Fill a sink or basin with luke-warm to warm water, do not use excessively hot water as this may cause the hat to shrink
- Add 2 to 5 drops of mild laundry detergent or liquid
- Leave the Baker Boy cap to soak in the water for 10-15 minutes
- Agitate the Baker Boy in the soapy water with clean hands for 1 minute
- Rinse the Baker Boy cap with warm water and dry excess water with a towel
- Allow the Flat Cap to reshape and fully dry by placing it the correct side up on a flat surface
Can You Wash a Wool Baker Boy Cap In The Washing Machine?
Cleaning your Baker Boy cap in a washing machine is possible, however we recommend hand-washing if you can. If you do want to use a washing machine, ensure the hand-wash setting is enabled and the temperature is set to low. Having too much heat during the cycle could cause the hat to shrink or change shape. We do not recommend drying your Baker Boy in the tumble dryer or using this function to on a washer-dryer.
We hope our tips and tricks to keep your Baker Boy hat clean and fresh come in handy, if you want to take a look at our fantastic Baker Boy range, we have a couple of colours and patterns for you to explore, including the Herringbone Baker Boy and the Charcoal Grey Baker Boy. While you’re here why not discover one of our other collections, including our Baseball Caps, Trucker Hats and Bucket Hats.